Friday, March 5, 2010

Aquatic color and Cobelle

 
 One of my favorite things to do to relax is paint. In my home, I must admit, usually once a month something needs a touch-up. Then we have seasonal design magazines sporting the newest shades, which usually means time for a color update. This color palette is from one of the best paint company I have found, Farrow and Ball. Check them out, www.farrow-ball.com  . It's a pleasure to work with and saturation is outstanding. The company describes it as follows: Subtle, natural colours are starkly contrasted with strong inky blues and combined with the reflective qualities of light, glass and mirrors for a diluted, watery look featuring freshwater tones. Did I mention a blue and white theme?  
 
  
 Reality and fantasy become one, in the artwork of Charles Cobelle. His whimsical view of the world, created in his unique style, is magical. Here are two of our favorites, street scenes in France. The ordinary becomes extraordinary. Capturing the imagination, joyfully interpreting what provokes our senses. 


 

Keeping the theme going, I thought this textile was rather interesting by Victoria Hagan. I see it as a rug design, coordinating with our last Blue and White post. Color is definitely key, texture helps, but color tells the story.
 
 

I had to add my favorite chair. Parchment cotton upholstery, dark legs with brass front casters. The perfect size to settle back and enjoy. Ralph Lauren by Henredon, Floor Samples are available in the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment